Monday, July 25, 2011

Shopping and Sore Feet at Bury St. Edmunds


Today we took a trip to a cute little town about 30 minutes from Rachelle's house called Bury. We packed up a lunch and headed out to have a picnic in the park. This park has ruins of an old castle spread throughout a great deal of land. It was quite difficult to imagine how this castle would have looked, even after I examined a 3-D layout. Regardless, these ancient artifacts had people scattered all throughout them, making it slightly less historical, but cool enough that you could actually touch the structures. We laid out our blanket and pulled out our food and drinks. Rachelle decided to buy a fancy fruit drink in a glass bottle. Thinking these had screw off tops, we twisted and twisted with no success. We soon realized, no, they were not twist offs, and unfortunately we did not have any bottle openers, so we attempted to use our keys, and Rachelle tried to even use her teeth. After I slightly freaked out and yelled at her to stop, she tore up her hands just to give us liquid. Some blood and spilt juice later, we were able to open them both. And yes, I actually managed to open one myself!

After lunch, we walked around this enormously large park letting the kids run around, play on the playground, get dirty in a sandpit and then feed the ducks. We then realized that our time was just about up at the car park and needed to make our way back through the town to pay more money for more time. I soon realized my high-heel boots I thought would be so cute to wear were a very bad choice. By the time we got to the car, I thought my feet were bleeding! We dropped off a couple things, I sat and put my feet up and tried to ignore the fact that we were about to go walk around and shop for a few more hours. I sucked it up like a big girl and forced the tears back with each step I took.

We went into multiple stores, because Rachelle wanted to buy a couple sundresses. It's funny, but I don't believe Rachelle bought any sundresses, but I managed to buy my share of accessories and an expensively, adorable purse. I justified the purse because it had a zipper, and seemed safer to bring while exploring Italy.... good excuse huh?

It doesn't sound like a real busy day, but the second I sat in the car for the drive home, I instantly passed out. Rachelle's youngest daughter, Jaydn, and I both woke up at the same time... right when we pulled into the driveway. Go ahead, call me a baby all you want... but naps are a lovely thing, especially with the relaxing movement of a driving car!

My goal for the rest of the night and tomorrow is to rest my feet and I've learned to never wear those boots again!!! Tomorrow we will go to the store for some last minute shopping and then pack our bags for our flight to Italy Wednesday morning. Oh no airport... here I come again!







Here are a couple short video clips.
Password for both is: Bury

Driving to Bury St. Edmunds - First video of the trip! from Megan on Vimeo.



Picnic at the Park in Bury from Megan on Vimeo.

3 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Thank you for the comment!! I SO love you too!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so neat and Rachelle and the girls look great! I love the videos. Can't wait to read more!.....Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad says....what a great vacation. You are a lucky girl. I love teh story and pictures. I think castles are so cool. I wish I were there. So now you are off to Italy. Make sure you have a Peorni Beer...that is authentic Italian. Is pizza really authentic Italian...oh who cares....a cold Peorni beer and a slice of pizza sound just perfect to me! have fun....love....dad

    ReplyDelete