Friday, July 22, 2011

Arrival in Philly is a Success!!

I have one hour before I take off for London. So far, my day has been pretty successful, but I've still had a few hiccups. But NOTHING compare to 2 years ago!

I realized this morning as we were getting ready to drive off to the airport that I forgot to refill my prescription and would be 4 days short. After multiple whispers of all kinds of cuss words so my parents wouldnt hear, we decided they would refill them and overnight them to me in London. Way to save money Meg! But my parents reassured me they would take care of it all, which is really very awesome!

We get to the airport and I'm checking my bags hoping that they didn't change any policies in the last 2 years, but I was wrong, very wrong. I was charged $55.00 for my second bag when 2 years ago the first 2 were free. I had to face the fact that there was nothing I could do, and say goodbye to more money.

I've done a good job with not making any eye contact or socializing with a single sole, and it has resulted in my flying experience being great so far. Although, when I landed in Philly, I walked across what felt like the entire airport to get to my next gate, sat for about 5 minutes when they announced the gate had been moved.... all the way back to where I came from! I get over to the gate and it's no bigger than a small restaurant and is packed like sardines with annoying people. I found a spot to sit on the floor and some big dude decided he wanted to stand next to me, almost on top of me! I tried to deal, but ultimately had to move, when I did, the jerk walks away!!! How ironic.

I will be boarding soon. Wish me luck that the rest goes just as well as it has so far. See you soon from across the world!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Megs!! Way to make an airport adventure fun! Can't wait for the next installment.

    ReplyDelete