Friday, July 24, 2009

Better Early than a Missed Flight


Pre-flight gitters are worse than labor pains. Figuring out if you have everything packed, making sure your bags weigh less than the max allowed, double checking, then tripple checking the house is in order before you abandon it for a month. And of course if you're me, downloading last minute music on your ipod for a 16 hour travel extravaganza. After completing last minute shopping and another $80.00 blown, my night finally ended at 2AM.

Six and a half hours later my alarm screams and I realize, there's no turning back. Sky Harbor Airport here I come! After backwashing the pool because of a should-have-been predictable storm last night, I am finally able to sit down and wipe the sweat off my face. Is another shower required? Not if you're going to Europe. Time to adjust.

The doorbell rings with my ride to the airport. After an entertaining drive with my hilarious family we successfully arrive to US Airways terminal 4. I was very please to discover that no fee was required for my bags. Wasn't it a new rule that you have to pay for all luggage? I guess when you're as sweet and good looking as me, all unnecessary fees are waived. A breeze through security, a few grumpy guards avoided and I have successfully arrived at my gate. Now the wait.

Is it rude to sit at your gate and talk on your phone? I know I've done it, and I probably will continue to do it. Maybe it's my security blanket as I prepare myself for the thought that this huge aircraft could plumage into a sea of no return. But alas, I brave myself for all nightmarish thoughts, and sit patiently, silently, and excitedly.

Next stop, Philly.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are quite the writer! Had to laugh about you comment about not needing a shower in Europe! I once spent a week in Germany and it is SO TRUE! Good luck and have fun on your trip, I will be checking back see you progress!

    John the IT GUY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Megan; You`re "native" country is waiting for you to arrive but for now; enjoy England and come to Holland with the best stories!!!!
    sandra

    ReplyDelete